Introducing the Nitrogen8 Family
Boundary Devices is proud to announce the development of the Nitrogen8M platform, the first offering from the Nitrogen8 Family of Single board Computers (SBC) and System on Modules (SOM). The Nitrogen8 family will utilize the advanced processing power of NXP's i.MX 8, i.MX 8M, and i.MX 8X family of processors as well as Boundary Device's industry leading design to offer a next-generation solution for your next-generation application.
The Nitrogen8 Family will offer unique benefits from each platform, which can be viewed by clicking on our platforms below. When you're done, be sure to register using the form on this page to be one of the first to receive updates and information on each our Nitrogen8 platforms as they become available.
Leveraging the industry-leading audio and video processing of the NXP i.MX 8M applications processors, The Nitrogen8M Platform is ideal for applications scaling from consumer home audio to industrial building automation and mobile computers.
Potential Applications for Nitrogen8M
Streaming video devices – over-the-top (OTT) set top boxes, digital media adapters, digital signage, machine visual inspection
Streaming audio devices – surround sound, wireless or networked speakers, sound bars, audio/video (AV) receivers, public address systems
Voice control and voice assistants, with reference designs for homes or noisy industrial environments
General purpose human machine interface (HMI) solutions − touch, voice, graphics, video, image analytics, and sensor
The Nitrogen8X will be designed to support graphics, video, image processing, audio, and voice functions, through the i.MX 8X processor family. Applications that require safety-certification and efficient performance requirements in the industrial automation, HMI, industrial control, robotics, building control, automotive cluster, display audio infotainment, and telematics spaces can benefit from its design.
Potential applications include:
- Automotive—instrument cluster, infotainment, display audio, rear seat entertainment, smart antenna, Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2X), gateway and camera systems
- Industrial vehicle—avionics cockpit display, in-flight entertainment, train and heavy equipment HMI
- Advanced industrial human machine interface (HMI) and control—PLC, I/O controller, home/building control
- Robotics—drone, mobile service robot
- Building Control—fire and security panel, elevator control, HVAC control
- Healthcare—patient monitor
- Networking—specialty gateway, low-end video conference terminal
- Mobile payment—payment system
Engineered to maximize the advantages of the advanced media processing, secure domain partitioning and innovative vision processing of the i.MX 8 applications processor family. The Nitrogen8MAX platform can be used with multiple display automotive applications, industrial systems, vision, and HMI.
- Automotive infotainment—instrument cluster, head unit, heads-up display (HUD), rear seat entertainment and full digital electronic cockpit (eCockpit)
- Advanced industrial human machine interface (HMI) and control
- Home/Building Automation